25 minutes, 4 servings. Allow 20 minutes extra if making this recipe from start to finish in one day.
4 c butternut squash, peeled, seeded, cut into large dice, and steamed (1.25 lbs)
8 oz Yukon Gold potatoes, cut into large dice and steamed
4 oz kale, shredded (4 cups)
16 oz pasta farfalle
1/4 c nutritional yeast
3 c vegetable broth
1 t garlic powder
1 t paprika
1/4 t black pepper
1. Peel, seed, and cut butternut squash. Scrub and cut potatoes. Shred kale.
2. Steam butternut squash and potatoes in a steamer insert set over boiling water, covered, until tender when pierced with a fork, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions, Drain well.
4. Combine steamed squash and potatoes, nutritional yeast, broth, garlic, paprika, and pepper in a food processor or blender; season with salt to taste. Puree until thick and creamy
5. Add kale to sauce. Toss with pasta and serve warm.
From Ann Beardsley who said “We did this, but wanted more spice–a little red pepper, or something to jazz it up.”