- Box of dried lasagna noodles
- olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 10-ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and very well drained
- 1 15-ounce container part-skim ricotta
- 1 cup part-skim shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano, crushed
- 16 oz tomato sauce
Saute onions, mushrooms and garlic in olive oil. Set aside to cool while combining ricotta, mozzarella, herbs, eggs and spinach. Add onion/mushroom mixture.
Spread @ 1/2 c tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish. Then, add a layer of pasta noodles. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture. Layer more pasta sheets. Spread the remaining cheese mixture. Pour the rest of the tomato sauce over the entire thing.
350ºF for 30 minutes.
Sprinkle Parmesan over the top and bake for 10 minutes longer.
Allow to cool for a while before serving.
This is a work in progress.