One from the Recipe Exchange.
¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
¾ cup walnuts
¼ teaspoon gray seal salt or pick rock salt
5-6 large pitted medjool dates
- 1/2 cups of cashews, soaked for 4-8 hours and rinsed (I never remember to soak them and sometimes if I am out of cashews I’ve substituted walnuts and it came out great…and I’m guessing you could use blanched almonds and get a great result too)
- 1 ½ cups of coconut cream (put 2 cans of whole fat coconut milk in fridge overnight, then scoop off the hardened cream…you’ll need about a can and a half)
- juice and zest of 2 large lemons
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted
- Add stevia drops to taste
2 kiwis, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced or any other fruit you think will taste good
- A Process the coconut, walnuts, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground
- Add the dates and process until the mixture resembles bread crumbs and begins to clump together.
- Press nut-date mixture into 7″ spring form pan lined w/parchment paper on the bottom
- Rinse food processor
- Place cashews, coconut cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, sea salt in food processor
- Add coconut oil last while processor is running
- Puree the mixture a few minutes until its smooth and creamy
- Taste puree, add stevia to taste
- Pour filling onto crust
- And finally, the worst part… Refrigerate at least 8 hours to get a cheesecake-like consistency…YES, 8 HOURS! In the words of our friend in Michigan who sent us this recipe, “ I JUST WANT TO EAT IT NOW!”
- Remove from spring form pan, dress with kiwis and enjoy!