From Elana’s Pantry
- In a mixing bowl whisk egg whites and salt until stiff
- Fold in agave, vanilla and coconut
- Drop batter onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, one rounded tablespoonful at a time
- Pinch each macaroon at the top (like a kiss)
- Bake at
325350° for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned*
Makes 48 macaroons
Note: In response to some comments below, to prevent agave from sinking and messing up the balance in the batter, continue to gently re-mix batter as you go along.
* Please note, I edited this recipe on 3/28/08, modifying the baking temperature; the macaroons are more moist when baked at a higher temp for one or two minutes less.